MADISON, Wis., Sept. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 90 percent of meeting professionals exceed their goals through hybrid meetings, according to new research supported by Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted market leader for video management and event, academic and enterprise webcasting, and the Meeting Professionals International Foundation.
Through qualitative interviews and a quantitative survey completed by 1,800 participants, including meeting professionals, event delegates, technology vendors and consultants, the research report provides a comprehensive snapshot of hybrid events, as planners focus on the growing importance of the trend.
"This research clearly supports what we have known but lacked scientific data to support. By strategically using hybrid technology, the planner can expand the reach of their event which increases the ability to drive business results – a far more valuable asset than merely controlling costs," said Cindy D'Aoust, COO and interim CEO of Meeting Professionals International.
MPI created a special knowledge center at www.mpiweb.org/hybrid which features the full report and toolkit (free to MPI members and available for purchase for non-members) along with other free resources, including on-demand presentations such as " Creating the New Connectivity Through Hybrid Meetings" from the MPI WEC 2012 annual conference.
Key findings from the research include:
- 93 percent of planners surveyed meet or exceed their objectives when organizing a hybrid event
- 70 percent of respondents say hybrid meetings will be an important part of meetings in the future
- 50 percent of respondents say they record their conference content for on-demand access, a strong indication that organizations recognize the value of sharing content with those unable to attend in-person
"The survey results pointed to a gap between what attendees value and what meeting planners are actually doing," said Samuel J. Smith, researcher and president of Interactive Meeting Technology. "Sonic Foundry and MPI invested in identifying what successful planners are doing, and also in developing a roadmap to show how others can be successful as well."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV