American Spectrum Realty, Inc. (AMEX:AQQ) (“the Company”), a real estate investment, management and leasing company headquartered in Houston, Texas, announced today that it has successfully satisfied the loan with one of its banks. The Company’s loan had been restructured, but the bank had offered a significant discount for the loan to be paid off early. The Company paid the bank $1.0 million for a complete satisfaction of the loan, which had a principal balance and accrued interest due of approximately $1.8 million. The Company anticipates that a gain of approximately $0.8 million will be recognized on the transaction during the third quarter of 2012. A mutual release settles all issues regarding this loan for both parties.
American Spectrum Realty, Inc. is a real estate investment company that owns, through its operating partnership, interest in office, industrial, self-storage, retail properties, and multi-family properties throughout the United States. The company has been publicly traded since 2001. American Spectrum Management Group, Inc. (“ASMG”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company that manages and leases all properties owned by American Spectrum Realty, Inc. as well as third-party clients.
ASMG provides first-class management and leasing services for office, industrial, retail, self-storage, and multi-family properties, totaling over 11 million square feet in 18 states.
Certain matters discussed in this release are forward-looking
statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause
actual results to differ materially from those projected, including the
risks and uncertainties of acquiring, owning, operating and disposing of
Such risks and uncertainties are disclosed in the
Company’s past and current filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV