PS Vita owners will have the ability to activate data packages directly on their device. Rogers will offer two data packages on a month-to-month basis with no long term contract. Two plans will be available at launch including:
- 250 MB for $15.00, 30-day data package which starts at the date and time of purchase
- 5 GB for $35, 30-day data package which starts at the date and time of purchase
PS Vita also features a wide range of social networking features developed specifically for the system that provide unique, handheld entertainment experiences:
- Location-based application "near" will allow users to find out what other PS Vita owners in their vicinity are currently playing and what titles are most popular in the area. "near" also enables location-based gaming features such as "gifting," in which a user can access virtual game-related items that other users are sharing by checking in at geographic locations. For example, in the popular kart racing series ModNation Racers: Road Trip, PS Vita users will be able to collect rare gift items provided through the game when visiting specific points of interest in 45 major cities around the world. They can then share them with other PS Vita owners through the "near" application.
- "LiveArea™" is an interactive interface for each PS Vita software title in which users can access the latest information for games through PlayStation®Network.
- In addition, a variety of social networking and communications services such as Facebook, Flickr, foursquare, and Twitter will be available on PS Vita.
The PlayStation®Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle includes a download voucher for two great exclusive PS Vita games* - Gravity Rush™ and Unit 13™, and will be available at major electronics retailers in
. Rogers data packages are priced separately and will be available on a month-to-month basis. Users can easily activate a data package directly from their PS Vita system.
For more information on the 3G-enabled lineup for PlayStation Vita, please visit
For the complete array of Rogers offerings, visit
About Rogers Communications:
Rogers Communications is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. We are
largest provider of wireless voice and data communications services and one of
leading providers of cable television, high speed internet and telephony services. Through Rogers Media we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, magazines and trade publications, sports entertainment, and digital media. We are publicly traded on the
Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI). For further information about the Rogers group of companies, please visit
About Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC continues to redefine the entertainment lifestyle with its PlayStation® and PS one® systems, the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system, the ground-breaking PlayStation®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system and its online and network services the PlayStation®Network and PlayStation®Store. Recognized as the undisputed industry leader, Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC markets the PlayStation family of products and develops, publishes, markets and distributes software for the PS one, PlayStation 2, PSP, PSPgo, PS Vita and PS3 systems for the North American market. Based in
Foster City, Calif.
, Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC serves as headquarters for all North American operations.
SOURCE Rogers Communications Inc.