ExtraHop Networks, the leading provider of network-based application performance management (APM) solutions, has collaborated with Splunk, the leader in real-time operational intelligence software, to offer businesses unprecedented end-to-end visibility of application environments. The collaboration was precipitated by a number of thought-leading joint customers that have retired legacy APM tools in favor of a combination of the ExtraHop system and Splunk software. One of these joint customers is the world’s largest online travel company, which uses a combination of the two solutions almost exclusively to manage application performance. Splunk and ExtraHop take new and better approaches to solving application performance challenges and were both recently listed in the Gartner report, APM Innovators: Driving APM Technology and Delivery Evolution.
“ExtraHop and Splunk have proven invaluable to our organization and have radically improved our application performance monitoring capabilities,” said a Senior Director of Architecture and Engineering at the travel company, which operates a portfolio of leading travel sites. “I am excited about the new integration between ExtraHop and Splunk; it makes my IT operations data easier to visualize and more actionable.”
ExtraHop provides real-time application performance monitoring and trend-based alerting using a non-invasive, network-based deployment. Splunk Enterprise provides the platform to monitor, analyze, and manage the data from ExtraHop and other sources. The ExtraHop system plays a vital role in providing visibility into network and application activity across all business services; Splunk software provides the analysis, trending, and visualization of this data in the context of all other data in the datacenter. Together, they provide a complete view of the health and performance of all applications for which the IT Operations team is responsible.
The Splunk App for ExtraHop helps to visualize and analyze ExtraHop data in Splunk. The policy-based logging capability in the ExtraHop system enables IT Operations teams to achieve the following goals:
- Generate consistently formatted logs across heterogeneous datacenter components, such as network storage systems. For the first time in the industry, the ExtraHop system provides logging of networking, application, database, and storage metrics in a consistent manner regardless of vendor.
- Log high-priority events, anomalies, or thresholds with precision and according to set policies.
- Log specific correlated network, web, VDI, database, or storage events monitored by the ExtraHop system, such as when database transactions exceed a set amount from one or more specified clients or file access times across heterogeneous networked storage systems exceed a certain threshold.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV