"As numerous studies have shown, there is a direct correlation between employee engagement and high performance in the workplace, as well as talent retention," said Neil Reichenberg, executive director, IPMA-HR. "Opportunities exist now for public sector HR professionals to better understand what motivates and inspires workers, and then formulate strategies for enhancing engagement at all levels."
Additional key study findings include:
- "Serving the public with integrity" was cited as the most distinguishing engagement factor for public sector employees and is the single highest performing element in the entire survey, with 98 percent total agreement.
- While serving the public with integrity was a nearly universal response, employees 34 years or younger, employees of all ages and technology workers were below average on identifying "making a difference " as a key component in engagement.
- "Fully engaged" public sector employees are:
- Twice as likely to stay in their current job
- 2.5 times more likely to feel they can "make a difference"
- 2.5 times more likely to recommend their workplace to others
- Three times as likely to report being "very satisfied" in their jobs
Free Upcoming Webinar to Showcase Findings
A free webinar presenting the full findings of the study and examining key job satisfaction drivers among public sector workers will take place on October 16, 2012 from 2:00 -3:00 p.m. ET. Justin Greeves, vice president, corporate research at e.Republic, Jon Bernstein, director of public sector strategies at ADP and Neil Reichenberg will also discuss various best practices in driving increased engagement levels. To register for the free webinar, please visit: http://forms.erepublic.com/EV-2179S1This study was conducted by the Governing Institute among a sample of 2,259 randomly selected participants across state and local governments. The study was conducted online using the proprietary Governing Exchange platform and the sample is weighted and balanced by age, region, employee type, employee level, and type of government. Survey data was collected June 21-July 13, 2012 with a total sampling error of +/- 2.5 percentage points with 95% confidence. About IPMA-HR The International Public Management Association for Human Resources (IPMA-HR) is an association representing the interests of state, local, and federal sector human resources professionals. IPMA-HR provides human resource leadership and advocacy, professional development, information, and services to enhance public sector performance. To learn more, visit www.ipma-hr.org. About The GOVERNING Institute The GOVERNING institute advances better government by focusing on improved outcomes through research, decision support, and executive education to help public sector leaders govern more effectively. With an emphasis on state and local government performance, innovation, leadership and citizen engagement, the Institute oversees GOVERNING Magazine's research efforts, the GOVERNING Public Official of the Year Program, and a wide range of events to further advance the goals of good governance. To learn more visit: http://www.governing.com/gov-institute/ About ADP Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADP), with more than $10 billion in revenues and approximately 600,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of experience, ADP offers a wide range of human resource, payroll, tax and benefits administration solutions from a single source. ADP's easy-to-use solutions for employers provide superior value to companies of all types and sizes. ADP is also a leading provider of integrated computing solutions to auto, truck, motorcycle, marine, recreational vehicle, and heavy equipment dealers throughout the world. For more information about ADP or to contact a local ADP sales office, reach us at 1.800.225.5237 or visit the company's Web site at www.adp.com. Contact: Jim LarkinADP (973) 407-9714 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE ADP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV