SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Sept.11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Intel Developer Forum -- LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) today announced that its high-availability direct-attached storage (HA-DAS) solutions have been selected by Intel to enhance its storage portfolio. LSI ® HA-DAS solutions are designed to provide small to medium-sized businesses (SMB) and remote, departmental and branch offices with increased application availability and uptime without the complexity and costs of traditional high-availability storage solutions.
"Data growth and consumption have fueled the need for high-availability server systems where shared storage and uptime are especially critical," said David Brown, director of marketing, Intel Enterprise Platforms and Services Division. "Intel RAID HA-DAS solutions powered by LSI technology will provide those benefits found in traditional high-availability systems, while at the same time being easier to manage and more cost-effective."
Highly available computing systems are designed to ensure that applications and data are continuously available even in the case of component failure. Traditional high-availability (HA) solutions combine servers into clusters and share storage across a storage area network (SAN) to ensure continuous application availability and eliminate single points of failure. LSI pioneering HA-DAS solutions lower the cost and complexity of HA solutions by providing:
- Fully redundant, shared-node storage
- Application failover to guarantee uptime and availability
- Simple, easy-to-manage storage without complex storage networking hardware
- HA-DAS in failover prevention environment (Booth #714)
- 12Gb/s SAS I/O performance with Intel SSDs (Booth #813)
- LSI SandForce® Flash Storage Processors (FSPs) in mobile computing technology demonstrations, including Ultrabooks currently shipping with LSI SandForce Driven™ SSDs and a Windows To Go-compatible USB 3.0 flash drive powered by LSI SandForce FSPs (Booth #718)
- LSI will also participate in the NVM Express Showcase displaying its PCIe flash-based LSI Nytro™ application acceleration products with forthcoming NVM Express support (Booth #438).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV