- The second-generation CFP is fully compliant with IEEE 100G Ethernet 802.3ba 100GBASE-LR4 and ITU-T G.959.1 4I1-9D1F standards and benefits from a CMOS gearbox IC that reduces power consumption and lowers cost relative to first-generation CFP designs. While first generation CFP delivered 24W, the second-generation CFP delivers 16W. This second-generation CFP utilizes more than 2 years of manufacturing experience of the first-generation CFP and its in-house TOSA and ROSA technologies guarantee proven high-quality and backward compatibility.
- The new CFP2 transceiver is Oclaro's first CFP2 design and is roughly 50% the size of all other CFP solutions on the market, which increases system front panel port density from 4 ports to 8 ports. The smaller size of the CFP2 transceiver is achieved by reducing the number of electrical lanes from 10 to 4 by applying a 25Gbps electrical interface per channel instead of 10Gbps and hence removing the GearBox from the module. In order to achieve the smaller size, more integrated in-house optical components are used based on Oclaro's leading-edge optical device technologies. In addition, the CFP2 transceiver can optically interoperate with first and second-generation CFP transceivers, which allows customers to quickly and cost-effectively transition to CFP2 designs as market requirements evolve. The CFP2 is also fully-compliant with the MSA, IEEE and ITU-T specifications.
Oclaro Unveils CFP And CFP2 100G Transceivers Featuring Industry-first Interoperability, Lower Power And Smaller Size
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.