Sept. 11, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- .conf2012 --
(NASDAQ: SPLK), the leading provider of software for real-time operational intelligence, today will kick off .conf2012, its third annual Worldwide Users' Conference, at The Cosmopolitan Hotel in
. The conference features more than 100 sessions and nearly 30 customer presentations from organizations including Barclays, Cisco, Etsy, Extrahop, NPR, Otto Group, SwissLos, Target, and Union Bank. Several big data thought leaders are also speaking at .conf2012 from organizations including Cloudera, Concurrent, Datastax, Hortonworks, Infochimps, Optic, and Think Big Analytics in addition to Splunk's chief big data evangelist.
"The most exciting part of the user conference is hearing firsthand the compelling use cases from Splunk customers, and this year will be the most fascinating yet," said
, Chairman and CEO, Splunk. "Customers are speaking about how to improve patient care by analyzing data in connected medical devices, how to use sensor data to closely monitor energy demand in facilities and operations, and how to use Splunk software as a security intelligence platform for a global enterprise. All of these sessions will have a common thread: an extraordinary return on investment after deploying Splunk for use cases such as application management, IT operations, business analytics, security and compliance, and new industrial uses of machine data."
Sullivan's keynote session will be streamed live, from
9-11 a.m. PT
today. The live webcast will be available at
Splunk users at .conf2012 will also learn from Splunk experts how to best utilize Splunk software as an enterprise data platform, a platform for applications and developers, and in the cloud. More than 20 Splunk apps will be available for test drive in the Splunkbase Labs area. Some of the newest products being showcased at the conference include:
- Splunk StormMulti-tenant cloud service based on Splunk software that enables developers to immediately diagnose and troubleshoot problems, gain visibility, and monitor critical business metrics without the need for any software or hardware installation or maintenance.
- Splunk App for VMwareMakes it easy to collect machine-generated data from the virtualization layer and correlate the information with other technology tiers to enable operational visibility into your IT infrastructure and more informed business decisions.
- Splunk App for PCI 2.0Out-of-the-box content for real-time continuous monitoring of enterprise PCI DSS posture, high-level scorecards and reports for each PCI requirement, and simple visualizations for indicating PCI compliance issues.
- Splunk Hadoop Connect (private beta)Enables bidirectional communication between Splunk Enterprise and Hadoop. This includes the ability to export data from Splunk Enterprise to Hadoop and to import data from Hadoop into Splunk Enterprise.
- Splunk App for HadoopOps (private beta)Single end-to-end interface monitors the full Hadoop environment. Allows users to monitor, alert, troubleshoot, remedy, search, and analyze Hadoop nodes, HDFS, and MapReduce and is Hadoop distribution agnostic.
- Social SplunkDemonstration of using Splunk software to index social media feeds like Twitter, Foursquare, and other user-generated machine data for sentiment analysis and real-time insight in IT and marketing.
More than 1,000 people are attending .conf2012. Splunk is also welcoming more than a dozen world-class technology partners to speak at .conf2012 including Amazon Web Services, Click Security, and Palo Alto Networks.