Mediware Announces Results For Fiscal Fourth Quarter And Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2012
LENEXA, Kan., Sept. 11, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mediware Information Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq:MEDW), a provider of comprehensive healthcare software solutions, today reported that revenues for the fourth quarter of the 2012 fiscal year, ended June 30, 2012, were $16.7 million, a four percent increase over the $16.0 million reported for the year ago quarter. Earnings per share for the fourth quarter rose to $0.29, compared to the $0.25 per share reported in the same period in fiscal 2011.
For the full year Mediware reported total revenue of $64.6 million, a 16 percent increase over the $55.5 million reported for the previous fiscal year. Earnings per share for the fiscal year were $0.90, a 17 percent increase over the $0.77 per share generated in fiscal 2011.
Commenting on the company's performance, president and CEO, Thomas Mann, said: "I'm pleased to report that we have continued to grow both revenue and earnings for the business on the strength of several of our products lines. Revenue for the year exceeded $64 million, producing a $0.90 EPS. These results were driven by several significant new contracts, ongoing work with the Department of Defense, and the continued effectiveness of our operational management programs."Highlights for the quarter include:
- Total revenue of $16.7 million.
- Operating income increased 33 percent to $3.9 million, from $3.0 million in the year ago quarter.
- Earnings per share increased to $0.29 from the $0.25 reported in the year ago quarter.
- Total revenue of $64.6 million.
- Operating income increased 25 percent to $11.1 million, from $8.9 million in the prior year.
- Earnings per share increased to $0.90, from the $0.77 reported in the prior year.
- Cash increased to $40.2 million.
|Fiscal 2012 and 2011|
|Quarterly Earnings Operating Statement Highlights|
|Quarter Ended June 30,|
|Earnings Per Diluted Share||$0.29||$0.25|
|Fiscal 2012 and 2011|
|Annual Operating Statement Highlights|
|Earnings Per Diluted Share||$0.90||$0.77|
|Condensed Balance Sheet Highlights|
|Cash and Cash Equivalents||$40,155||$29,987|
CONTACT: Bob Watkins 913-307-1070
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV