A new smartphone app from Southern California Edison (SCE) now makes reporting or checking on the status of an outage quick and simple.
The “SCE Outages” application includes an interactive map that allows customers to quickly find outage information — including the location and size of outages and estimated power restoration times — all in a mobile-friendly and easy-to-use interface.
"We heard our customers’ concerns loud and clear – reporting an outage via a mobile phone was extremely difficult and time-consuming,” said Erwin Furukawa, SCE senior vice president of customer services. “We need to be able to communicate quickly with our customers, not only to get their power restored as quickly as possible, but to make sure their safety is a priority at all times.”
The new SCE outages app was developed in response to customers’ requests for improved communication regarding service outages during past storms. This free mobile application for iPhone and Android devices now enables users to conveniently report power outages, street light outages, or check on the status of a planned or unplanned outage. As an important safety reminder, if you see a downed power line do not approach or touch it and call 911.Customers can download the app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. For more information, visit sce.com/mobileoutage. Like us on Facebook ( facebook.com/sce) and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/sce. About Southern California Edison An Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, Southern California Edison is one of the nation’s largest electric utilities, serving a population of nearly 14 million via 4.9 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV