Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: A Rally Based on Facts
Also making the list, Nordstrom (JWN), a seasoned retailer that's taking share by delivering a fabulous experience and a strong outlet business. Nordstrom delivered a strong 21% pop in revenues when it last reported.
Another turnaround story, Urban Outfitters (URBN), also made Cramer's short list of hot retailer. He said this company was once riddled with merchandise that customers simply didn't want, but now it's delivering an earnings beat of nine cents a share on an 11% rise in revenue and improving gross margins.
Finally, there's Lululemon Athletica (LULU), the yoga-inspired fashion sensation that's more of a technology company than a retailer. Cramer said Lulu's surprise 12% rise in earnings, along with a 15% pop in same store sales proves that this company should not be counted out.
Here's what Cramer had to say about callers' stocks during the "Lightning Round":Newcastle Investment (NCT): "I'm going with the crowd on this one. I like the yield, but I prefer Annaly Capital (NLY)." Southwestern Energy (SWN): "It's cheap, but that's not enough for me." BGC Partners (BGCP): "This has been horrendous. It does have a great yield but it's not been a winner, it's been a loser." Ford Motor (F): "The problem with Ford is not the U.S. The problems are in Latin America and Europe. Ford is a hold." Permian Basin Royalty Trust (PBT): "A lot of these are cutting their yields. I'm staying away for now." Dendreon (DNDN): "No, no, no, no. I reiterate that I don't like it. Cloudy future in a crowded place. " Amarin (AMRN): "This one has had a big move. I'll bless it only as a speculative stock." Trinity Industries (TRN): "Rail cars have been hot but I'm taking a pass. The stock has had a big move."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV