NORTHBROOK, Ill., Sept. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation (NYSE: KS) has approved a $29MM investment in the company's North Charleston, SC Paper Mill. The investment is expected to improve the capability and efficiency of No. 3 Paper Machine in producing Ultra High Performance (UPL) lightweight linerboard grades by replacing the press section. The new press section will be supplied by PMT Italia. The investment also includes projects in the fiber and utilities areas to support production of these strategically important grades.
KapStone has become a market leader among independent box makers by developing and selling lighter weight, high performance, virgin-fiber-based kraft linerboard.
Engineering and construction are expected to occur over the next 18 months, targeting installation of the press section during the 1 st Quarter 2014.
About the CompanyHeadquartered in Northbrook, IL, KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation is a leading North American producer of unbleached kraft paper and corrugated products. The Company is the parent company of KapStone Kraft Paper Corporation and KapStone Container Corporation which includes three paper mills and 14 converting plants across the Eastern and Midwestern U.S. The business employs approximately 2,700 people. SOURCE KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV