Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (GWI) (NYSE: GWR) today reported traffic volumes for August 2012.
GWI’s traffic in August 2012 was 82,686 carloads, a decrease of 4,697 carloads, or 5.4 percent, compared with August 2011. GWI’s traffic in the third quarter of 2012 through August was 163,544 carloads, a decrease of 9,038 carloads, or 5.2 percent, compared to the third quarter of 2011 through August.
The table below sets forth consolidated carloading information for August 2012 and August 2011. Additional carload information for GWI’s North American and Australian operations is included as an exhibit to this press release.
|Genesee & Wyoming Inc.|
|by Commodity Group||August||August|
|Coal & Coke||17,812||18,110||-1.6%|
|Minerals & Stone||11,141||13,070||-14.8%|
|Pulp & Paper||9,286||8,550||8.6%|
|Farm & Food Products||7,620||10,860||-29.8%|
|Lumber & Forest Products||6,415||5,888||9.0%|
|Chemicals & Plastics||5,846||5,309||10.1%|
|Autos & Auto Parts||1,025||945||8.5%|
|* - Represents intermodal units|
|** - Includes carloads and intermodal units|
Excluding 2,932 carloads from GWI railroads acquired within the last 12 months, same-railroad traffic in August 2012 decreased 7,629 carloads, or 8.7 percent, compared with August 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV