Portland General Electric Company (NYSE:POR) has announced that its recent request for proposals for new electric power generating resources has resulted in 32 bids representing 15 different generating projects. These include benchmark proposals submitted by PGE on August 1, 2012. Outside bids were due August 8, 2012.
In order to meet energy and capacity needs identified in PGE’s current integrated resource plan, the RFP asked for proposals to provide 300-500 megawatts of baseload resources, approximately 200 megawatts of year-round flexible and peaking resources, and two seasonal peaking resources -- approximately 200 megawatts of bi-seasonal (winter and summer) peaking supply and approximately 150 megawatts of winter-only peaking supply.
The bids received include a mix of projects to be sold to PGE pursuant to asset purchase agreements and projects that would sell power to the utility under long term purchase agreements. The combined output of the proposed bids available for PGE to consider in each category is as follows (note that a single generating resource may be included more than once, where bidders submitted multiple configurations using that resource):
- Seasonal peaking resources – 1627 MW
- Flexible capacity resources – 1651 MW
- Baseload resources – 5826 MW
PGE is currently evaluating the bids received, and expects to develop a short list of bids for negotiation by the end of November. Names of the bidders and other details of their proposals will remain confidential. Final selections are expected in late 2012 or early 2013. The flexible and peaking resources are expected to be available in the 2013 to 2015 timeframe and the baseload energy resources are expected to be available in the 2015 to 2017 timeframe.Accion Group, Inc., an independent evaluator hired by the Oregon Public Utility Commission, is helping conduct the RFP and reviewing bids to assure an open and impartial process. The independent evaluator will also provide an assessment of the bid scoring and short list selection. The independent evaluator will then issue a closing report with a detailed assessment of the process and its results.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV