Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Focus Media (FMCN) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Focus Media fell 54 cents (-2.2%) to $23.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of Focus Media exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.75-$24.42 after having opened the day at $24.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.29. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: LodgeNet Interactive Corporation (LNET), down 10.5%, Digital Cinema Destinations (DCIN), down 9.3%, Seven Arts Entertainment (SAPX), down 8.2%, and Digital Domain Media Group (DDMG), down 7.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Focus Media Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV