- Second quarter net sales were $194.1 million compared to $196.4 million in the prior year period. Comparable store sales (1) for the quarter increased 0.9%.
- Net loss in the second quarter of fiscal 2012 was $26.7 million compared to net income of $3.9 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2011. Net loss in the 2012 quarterly period includes $26.8 million of non-cash charges comprised of $18.4 million related to the establishment of a valuation allowance for the Company’s deferred tax assets; $7.2 million of store impairment charges; and the write-off of $1.2 million of unamortized transaction costs associated with the pay-off of the Company’s Real Estate Secured Term Loan.
- Non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA for the quarter was $14.9 million compared to $19.7 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2011. Adjusted EBITDA for the quarterly period includes approximately $1.6 million of incremental costs associated with the effect of having transitioned to a publicly traded company independent from Sears Holdings Corporation and approximately $0.7 million of rent associated with sale-leaseback properties owned by the Company in the prior year period and for which the Company did not pay rent. (see “Non-GAAP Financial Measures” below for a discussion of this non-GAAP measure and reconciliation to its most directly comparable GAAP financial measure and further information on its uses and limitations).
- The Company further reduced long-term debt during the second quarter. As of July 28, 2012, total debt was $170.6 million compared to $254.2 million at July 30, 2011. Subsequent to the close of the second quarter, the Company paid down an additional $7.6 million of debt.
Orchard Supply Hardware Stores Corporation Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.