We made the decision about five or six years ago to focus almost exclusively on HCV and direct-acting antivirals in HCV. And a lot of that came really out of our expertise and our core competencies in nucleoside chemistry. The company was really founded on its nucleoside chemistry base and we’ve continued to build upon that since the company’s inception back in 1998.
So right now our lead program is IDX184. I know we’ll talk a little bit about some of the things that have been going on with that program over the last four to six weeks. But this is a nucleotide prodrug that we’ve just completed enrollment in a Phase IIB study on, and patients are continuing on on the peg/riba part of that. We have a next generation nucleotide prodrug called IDX19368 that we have filed an IND on, and we’ll talk a little bit more about that in the way of the recent FDA clinical hold.
And then our other program right now, which we’re very excited about is IDX719, which is a next generation NS5A inhibitor that we recently completed a proof of concept study on across all four genotypes, genotypes 1, 2, 3, and 4. Had very nice data on that, and we look forward to moving that into the next stage of clinical development.
Question-and-Answer SessionDavid Friedman - Morgan Stanley That’s great. So maybe if we can just start with a couple of broad questions quickly. Number one is, can you just update people on your cash position and whether you have any debt? Ronald Renaud Sure. Just purely from a housekeeping perspective, we just completed a financing in early August where we raised just under $200 million. We had, at the end of the second quarter, just under $80 million, so this leaves us in a very good cash position from a balance sheet perspective. We carry no debt. Our balance sheet is very, very straightforward.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV