Jaguar Mining Names David Petroff As New CEO
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Gold producer Jaguar Mining Inc. on Monday named David Petroff named president and CEO and appointed him to the company's board of directors.
The Brazilian company said Petroff has worked in the mining industry for 30 years, and touted his success in turning companies around. He was President and CEO of Breakwater Resources from November 2009 until August 2011, when Breakwater was acquired by Nyrtasr Canada.
The company's previous CEO, Daniel Titcomb, was ousted on Dec. 6. John Andrews has been Jaguar's interim CEO since then.
Last month, Jaguar reported a loss of $16.4 million, or 19 cents per share, for the quarter ended June 30, reversing a year-ago profit. Revenue fell 23 percent to $46.5 million. Excluding a non-cash gain, the loss was 22 cents per share.The declines reflected a 28 percent drop in the amount of gold the company sold during the quarter, offset in part by a 7 percent rise in the average price per ounce, and an impairment of one of its three mines. Jaguar Mining shares gained 16 cents, or 14 percent, to $1.30 in heavy afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV