HUNTSVILLE, Ala., Sept. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Qualitest, a subsidiary of Endo Health Solutions (Nasdaq: ENDP), today issued a voluntary, nationwide retail level recall for one lot of Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets, USP 10 mg/500 mg.
The recall includes the following product lot:
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets, USP 10 mg/500 mg, NDC 0603-3888-21, 100 count, Lot Number C1440512A, expiry date 12/13.
It is possible that some tablets from lot C1440512A exceed the weight specification and could be super-potent for the ingredients Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen.Bottles from the affected lot may contain tablets that have a higher dosage of acetaminophen, and as a result, it is possible that consumers could take more than the intended acetaminophen dose. Unintentional administration of tablets with increased acetaminophen content could result in liver toxicity, especially in patients on other acetaminophen containing medications, patients with liver dysfunction, or people who consume more than 3 alcoholic beverages a day. The product label warns consumers that acetaminophen overdose can potentially cause severe liver damage, at times resulting in liver transplant or death. Taking a higher dose of hydrocodone than intended could result in an increase in the severity or frequency of side effects, such as sedation or respiratory depression, particularly in patients who are elderly, have severe kidney or liver impairment, or are also taking interacting medications, for example other sedating medications or certain antidepressants. No injuries have been reported to date. Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen 10 mg/500 mg tablets are indicated for the relief of moderate to moderately severe pain. The affected lot, C1440512A, was distributed between May 14 and Aug. 3, 2012 to wholesale distributors and retail pharmacies nationwide. The lot number can be found on the side of the manufacturer's bottle. Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets are approximately 16.51 mm in length, pink, capsule-shaped tablets, with " 3600" debossed on one side of the tablet and " V" on the other. Consumers who have lot C1440512A should contact Qualitest at 1-800-444-4011. Consumers who are unsure if they have the affected lot number should consult their pharmacy or health care professional.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV