Barclays Bank PLC (the “ Issuer”) has today launched invitations to holders of certain Notes (as set out in the table below) issued by the Issuer to tender any and all of such Notes for purchase by the Issuer (the “ Offers”), subject to applicable offer and distribution restrictions. The purchase price for each Series of Notes will be calculated by the Dealer Manager by reference to the applicable Fixed Spread over the yield to maturity of the applicable Reference U.S. Treasury Security at 2:00 p.m. (New York City time) on September 17, 2012 (the “ Price Determination Time”).
The Offers are being made on the terms and subject to the conditions and restrictions set out in a tender offer memorandum dated September 10, 2012 (the “ Tender Offer Memorandum”). Capitalized terms used and not otherwise defined in this announcement have the meanings given in the Tender Offer Memorandum.
|Description of Notes||CUSIP/ISIN||Amount Outstanding||Points)||Security||Page|
|US$2,000,000,000 6.75 per cent. Senior Notes due 2019||06739F FS5 /US06739FFS56||US$2,000,000,000||145||1.625% U.S. Treasury Note due 8/15/2022||BBT1|
|US$3,000,000,000 5.125 per cent. Senior Notes due 2020||06739G AR0 /US06739GAR02||US$2,824,000,000||140||1.625% U.S. Treasury Note due 8/15/2022||BBT1|
The Issuer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, not to accept any Tender Instructions, not to purchase Notes or to extend, re-open, withdraw or terminate the Offers and to amend or waive any of the terms and conditions of the Offers in any manner, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV