Molycorp (MCP) is a development stage company, engages in the production and sale of rare earth oxides in the western hemisphere. This stock is trading up 3.1% at $12.31 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 8.6 millionAverage Volume: 5.8 million Volume % Change: 229% >>5 Stocks Under $10 Poised for Breakouts From a technical perspective, MCP is moving notably higher here with heavy volume. This move is quickly pushing MCP within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once MCP takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $12.54 to $13.20 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in MCP once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that's near or above 5,801,000 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then MCP will have a great chance of re-filing its previous gap from early August that started above $16. On the flip side, I would avoid MCP or look for short-biased trades if it fails to trigger that breakout and then drops below some major near-term support at $10.72 with high volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV