Rating Change #3
Limited Brands Inc (LTD) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 60.99% to $388.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, LIMITED BRANDS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.95%.
- 43.30% is the gross profit margin for LIMITED BRANDS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.00% trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, LTD's share price has jumped by 35.17%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- LIMITED BRANDS INC's earnings per share declined by 32.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LIMITED BRANDS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.71 versus $2.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.85 versus $2.71).
- LTD, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV