Another potential earnings short-squeeze play is satellite-based managed network solutions provider Globecomm Systems (GCOM), which is set to release its numbers on Tuesday after the market close. Wall Street analysts, on average, expect Globecomm to report revenue of $99.17 million on earnings of 20 cents per share.
The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Globecomm is rather high at 11.3%. That means that out of the 20.25 million shares in the tradable float, 2.45 million shares are sold short by the bears. The bears have also been increasing their bets from the last reporting period by 16.6%, or by about 348,000 shares. If the bears are caught leaning too hard into this quarter, then we could easily see a monster short-squeeze develop post-earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV