My first earnings short-squeeze trade idea today is casinos and gaming player Shuffle Master (SHFL), which is set to release numbers on Monday after the market close. Wall Street analysts, on average, expect Shuffle Master to report revenue of $67.93 million on earnings of 20 cents per share.
Just recently, Brean Murray said that investors concern regarding Shuffle Master's electronic table systems segment has created a buying opportunity before its third-quarter results. The firm thinks the concerns are overblown since the segment only makes up 10% of revenue and 6% of profits. Brean has a buy rating on the stock and a $19 price target.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV