Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: DLB) and Twentieth Century Fox ® announced today that two of the studio’s fall 2012 releases, Taken 2 (U.S. release: October 5, 2012) and Chasing Mavericks (U.S. release: October 26, 2012), will be mixed and released in Dolby® Atmos ™, the new audio platform that has revolutionized the experience of sound in entertainment. Anticipating additional Dolby Atmos titles, Twentieth Century Fox is outfitting its Zanuck Theater postproduction facility with Dolby Atmos capabilities.
“Dolby Atmos transports audiences into the onscreen adventure with the most lifelike sensory experience ever offered in cinema,” said Doug Darrow, Senior Vice President, Cinema, Dolby Laboratories. “Dolby Atmos will immerse moviegoers in the sounds of Istanbul’s bustling streets in the action-packed Taken 2 and atop the big waves of Chasing Mavericks.”
Two acclaimed sound re-recording mixers will be at the helm of the Dolby Atmos mixes. Craig Henighan will mix Chasing Mavericks in Dolby Atmos; Chuck Michael will conduct the Dolby Atmos mix for Taken 2.
According to Darrow, Dolby has a long history of transforming and reinventing cinema sound and is attuned to the desires of both movie audiences and the creative community behind each film.“Twentieth Century Fox and Dolby have had a long and trusted history together,” said Ted Gagliano, President of Post Production, Twentieth Century Fox. “It is therefore not surprising to me that the breadth of Dolby’s experience has given them a keen insight not just into the moviegoing experience, but into the wants and needs of postproduction. This has obviously greatly influenced the vision of Dolby Atmos. Fox looks forward to enriching the cinematic experience with this latest innovation from Dolby.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV