BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Mr. Market closed on a high note last week, the S&P 500 ending Friday at a fresh 52-week high after the big index plowed 2.23% higher than Tuesday's open. So much for a quiet short week after Labor Day.
The rally last week is a big signal from investors; market participants finally appear ready and willing to shrug off the financial bogeyman as long as another round of quantitative easing is on the table from the Fed and the European Central Bank. According to Citigroup's latest round of number-crunching, the chances of QE3 now stand at 99% -- Royal Bank of Scotland analysts put their odds at 90%. Whatever the machinated percentages Wall Street firms are touting, it's clear they're betting on QE3.
In the meantime, fall officially starts at the end of next week, which means that the investment narrative is due to change. Expect the election and the "Fiscal Cliff" to start becoming a bigger part of the conversation, but don't get too sidetracked by it; the big story is still the fact that the S&P is trucking its way though a prodigious well-definied rally right now.That's why we're turning to a new set of Rocket Stocks worth buying this week. For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. >>5 Stocks to Buy to Be Like Buffett In the last 167 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 78.05%. Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV