LONDON, Sept. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IntercontinentalExchange (NYSE: ICE), a leading operator of global regulated futures exchanges, clearing houses and over-the-counter markets, today announced that ICE Clear Europe cleared its first Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Cleared Swap on the Platts*Japan Korea Marker (JKM).
The first cleared JKM LNG transaction of 20 lots represented 200,000 Million British Thermal Units and was submitted to ICE Clear Europe on September 7, 2012. Tullett Prebon Europe Limited was the broker to the transaction. Two oil and gas majors were the counterparties to the trade. ICE Clear Europe introduced the JKM LNG cleared swap on September 4, 2012.
"We are delighted to have brokered the first cleared JKM swap at ICE Clear Europe. It is the desired outcome and follows two years developing the cleared LNG swap market with industry participants. The introduction of cleared JKM LNG swaps at ICE Clear Europe has boosted liquidity and we look forward to further promoting the benefits of central counterparty clearing to this market. Tullett Prebon LNG has brokered numerous short- and medium-term cargoes and re-gasification capacity since the desk was established late 2007 and the financial brokerage business is a natural extension of its presence in the physical LNG market," said Melissa Lindsay, Global Head of LNG, Tullett Prebon Europe Limited."ICE is pleased that Tullett Prebon has brokered the first cleared JKM LNG swap at ICE Clear Europe. The introduction of the ICE Japan Korea Marker LNG swap has further enhanced ICE's broad range of OTC energy products. With over 96% of ICE's OTC energy volume now cleared, ICE has demonstrated that standardisation and liquidity are continuing to support the increased use of clearing," said David Peniket, President & COO, ICE Futures Europe.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV