Symmetricom Expands End-to-End HFT Timing Portfolio With High-Performance Gigabit Ethernet Synchronization
SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Symmetricom ®, Inc. (NASDAQ: SYMM), a worldwide leader in precision time and frequency technologies, announced today the expansion of its high frequency trading (HFT) solutions to include the TimeProvider 5000®, the highly-accurate IEEE 1588 Grandmaster Clock, now optimized for HFT networks. Equipped with dual gigabit Ethernet (GigE) ports reinforced with a duplicate port module, the TimeProvider 5000 enables high-performance GigE synchronization allowing for IEEE 1588 Precision Timing Protocol (PTP) synchronization performance that meets the port speed requirements for HFT networks, and enables reliable and accurate time stamping of trade transactions.
The TimeProvider 5000 has successfully completed interoperability testing with a wide variety of PTP clients running on Windows or Linux such as the SyncPoint® PCIe-1000 PTP Clock Card and PTPd to deliver a complete solution to support HFT applications.
The HFT market has enjoyed high growth since the mid-2000s and accounts for 70 percent of market trading volume according to market research firm IBISWorld. IBISWorld estimated that the market will grow 6.2 percent to reach $28.1 billion in revenue this year. These booming high-speed, low-latency trading networks rely on precise and accurate time stamps for various trading applications and processes throughout the communications and IT network. The TimeProvider 5000 ensures the HFT network elements and servers are precisely synchronized.An industry-leading timing source well-known in the service provider market, the TimeProvider 5000, is the first precise timing solution offering GigE ports — enriching Symmetricom's end-to-end time synchronization solutions for the HFT market. Additional benefits of the grandmaster include:
- High Reliability: A redundant, modular design ensures continued operations.
- High Availability: The solution includes a highly stable oven controlled crystal oscillator (OCXO) to holdover the accuracy during short periods if the primary GPS signal is lost. It also offers an option for a rubidium oscillator that can maintain accuracy for much longer periods.
- High Capacity: The TimeProvider 5000 has the processing power to handle the industry's higher-rate transactions per second (20,000) and support a greater number of clients than enterprise class products (up to 1,000 clients).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV