Over the past two years, large banks have seen a major boost to earnings, through the release of loan loss reserves. "With reserve releasing coming to an end, margins compressing and mortgage banking less active next year," McEvoy said that "a growing list of regional banks that are now expected to report negative year-over-year growth in earnings in 2013," including Fifth Third (FITB), Huntington Bancshares (HBAN), Comerica (CMA), KeyCorp (KEY), and Cullen/Frost Banker (CFR).
McEvoy estimates that PNC will earn $5.62 a share for all of 2012, followed by 2013 EPS of $6.50.
Interested in more on PNC Financial Services Group? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV