A reimagined and improved design helps small businesses complete financial tasks faster than ever so they can spend more time building their businesses. QuickBooks Pro and Premier 2013 deliver all existing QuickBooks features, plus new enhancements requested by users, in a clean and simple experience that’s optimized for efficiency, and that makes adding functionality, such as third-party applications, as easy as one click. The software is scheduled to go on sale Sept. 24.
“Over the past 20 years, we’ve addressed small businesses’ financial management needs by expanding the functionality of QuickBooks,” said Dan Wernikoff, senior vice president and general manager of Intuit’s Financial Management Solutions division. “This release delivers the QuickBooks small businesses love with an easier-than-ever user experience. With QuickBooks 2013 small businesses can complete their financial and accounting responsibilities as quickly as possible, letting them spend their time on other priorities, like serving existing and attracting new customers.”
A Clean and Simple ExperienceQuickBooks 2013 takes a three-pronged approach to make the product easy to use, easy to understand, and easy to look at. Based on a 2012 survey, two-thirds of beta testers agreed that QuickBooks Pro and Premier 2013 will help them work more efficiently. Users will find:
- A unified look and feel: Visual cues, such as icons, help users find the controls they need faster than before and quickly determine what actions to take from screen to screen.
- Familiar interactions: A design that’s similar to popular Web applications means there is virtually no learning curve so users can get right to work.
- Clear steps: Design elements remove the guesswork from workflows, speeding task completion. For example, specific colors signal specific actions across the product.
- New Navigation Panel: Access shortcuts to the most commonly visited parts of QuickBooks in one click via a persistent navigation panel on the left side of the screen, saving time moving from one activity to the next. Users can also add their favorite reports to the panel, so the latest insights about business performance are only a click away.
- Updated Centers: Consolidate and organize more important customer and vendor information in the Customer and Vendor Centers to save time searching for data typically stored outside of QuickBooks. Small businesses can now assign multiple contacts to customers and vendors, and pin to do’s to customers. In addition, users can track twice as many types of contact information for customers and vendors, such as Facebook pages or Twitter handles.