Oscar Mayer Sets Out To Prove Bacon Is Worth Its Weight In Gold
MADISON, Wis., Sept. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Determined to prove Oscar Mayer Butcher Thick Cut Bacon is the gold standard, the company has challenged actor, writer and comedian Josh Sankey to barter his way across the country using nothing but bacon as currency to obtain gas, lodging, food and everything else he'll need along the way.
The Great American Bacon Barter kicks-off on September 9, when Sankey will attempt to barter his way from New York City to Los Angeles over a two-week period with nothing but a trailer full of 3,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer Butcher Thick Cut bacon. Sankey will have no cash or credit cards, just the delicious bacon, which is hand-trimmed and smoked with natural hardwood for up to 14 hours.
Sankey will be accompanied by a cameraman who will capture every moment of the Great American Bacon Barter. Bacon-lovers and anyone interested in Josh's adventure can view content on BaconBarter.com. Additionally, bacon lovers can interact with Sankey along the way, sharing what they would be willing to barter and where by tweeting @BaconBarter or at BaconBarter.com - ultimately giving the fans the power to impact Sankey's stops throughout his road trip.
"We know Americans love bacon and we're about to find out just how much through this one-of-a-kind mission," said Tom Bick, director of Integrated Marketing Communications & Advertising, Oscar Mayer . "We believe Americans will rally around Josh and help him get from New York to LA by bartering for our Oscar Mayer Butcher Thick Cut bacon."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV