BEIJING, Sept. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sinovac Biotech Ltd. (NASDAQ: SVA), a leading provider of biopharmaceutical products in China, announced today that it has been selected by the Beijing Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Beijing CDC) to supply seasonal influenza vaccine to the citizens of Beijing.
Dr. Weidong Yin, Chairman, President and CEO of Sinovac, stated, "Sinovac was chosen once again as one of the four manufacturers by the Beijing CDC to supply doses for the seasonal flu vaccination campaign. As part of the bidding process, the Beijing CDC evaluated potential suppliers and assigned scores for different factors, including product quality, service and price. Based on the comprehensive scores, Sinovac was selected for the fifth time in recent years to participate in this vaccine campaign targeting the geriatric publication and school age children in Beijing. "
The Beijing CDC plans to order up to a total of 1.8 million doses of seasonal flu vaccine in 2012 for the vaccination campaign from four vaccine manufacturers. The total quantity of vaccine doses to be supplied will depend on the actual demand in Beijing. Delivery is expected to commence during the third quarter of 2012. In 2011, total about 360,000 doses of Anflu were inoculated to the target population for the vaccination campaign in Beijing. According to public data as of November 22, 2011, over 1.3 million doses of seasonal flu vaccines were inoculated in Beijing, inclusive of the target population covered by the free vaccination campaign.Starting in 2007, to prevent and control the seasonal flu, the Beijing CDC began purchasing the seasonal flu vaccines to immunize the elderly population over 60 and the elementary and secondary school students in Beijing. About Sinovac
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV