Demandware®, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced that it has launched new enhancements to the company’s Multichannel Commerce Solution, including responsive web design to dynamically present content optimized for specific devices, and new features and architectural updates for multichannel optimization. These innovations were specifically designed to help large retailers and brands quickly implement multichannel commerce initiatives that enhance the shopping experience of today’s connected consumers.
Demandware clients use the enhanced solution to accelerate multichannel development on the Demandware Commerce platform, and simplify integration across disparate enterprise applications. The latest updates optimize technical resources and lower implementation costs, while ensuring ongoing site scalability and transaction security. Large, complex retailers now have an open, extensible and enhanced framework to more effectively serve the increasing demands of multichannel shoppers. Further benefits are derived from the ability to:
- Give merchants multichannel control to consistently manage products, promotions, customers and orders across multiple user interfaces, with responsive web design embedded directly in the commerce platform
- Streamline development of highly branded consumer interactions across devices with a modular and extensible storefront that includes extensive commerce components, prebuilt integrations and open multichannel architecture
- Apply multichannel best practices and expertise gained from Demandware’s deep experience collaborating with leading retailers and brands.
Fashion leader, Perry Ellis, leveraged Demandware’s platform and enhanced solution to quickly establish a successful multichannel, multi-brand selling experience.
“As a global, multichannel brand, it is critical that we enable a seamless shopping experience for our customers who may start shopping on a mobile phone, continue on a desktop and finish on an iPad. With Demandware’s responsive design architecture, we were able to efficiently implement across multiple device types in a fraction of the time it would normally take developing for multiple device types,” said Michelle Magallon, VP of digital commerce for Perry Ellis International. “Since launching last fall, we have experienced improved customer satisfaction and greater online revenue growth from our customers’ ability to shop our brands seamlessly across location, device or channel.”Specific enhancements to the solution include:
- Responsive Web Design – Incorporates the industry’s best-practice in web design to allow dynamic formatting of content presentation for distinct devices including desktop/laptop computers, tablets and smartphones
- Multichannel-Optimized Commerce – New features include store-level inventory visibility, device optimized experiences, and store locator; enhanced features include AJAX-based search refinements, kitting and outfitting configuration, and rules-driven merchandise personalization
- Best-of-Breed Integrations – New and enhanced pre-built integrations for third-party technologies, such as email, analytics, payment and campaign management; and an extensible integration framework for proprietary enterprise applications
- Updated Web Architecture & Design Kit – Enhanced HTML5 site readiness with optimized markup for faster performance, enhanced design templates and annotated wireframes to allow quick customization based on unique brand requirements
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts