Midway Gold Corp. ("Midway" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:MDW) (NYSE MKT:MDW) announces that engineering and permitting activities at the Pan heap leach gold project in White Pine County, Nevada are on schedule for start-up of production in mid-2014. Key milestones accomplished include:
- A construction contract for a new access road has been awarded and is significantly less than the initial estimates. Construction of the road is scheduled to begin within the next few weeks.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has confirmed that no surface waters are present at the Pan Project that fall under jurisdiction of Sections 401 and 404 of the Federal Clean Water Act.
Midway has also initiated a 20,000 meter drill program at its nearby Gold Rock Project with the goal to significantly expand and upgrade the current Gold Rock resource.
Ken Brunk, Midway's President and CEO, said, "I am happy to report this progress at Pan. Our primary focus is to move the Pan Project toward our scheduled 2014 production date. We are also advancing our nearby Gold Rock project toward production so we can create additional shareholder value by shortening time to production and capitalizing on a high gold price environment.”
Pan ProjectJacobs Engineering Group has begun front-end engineering of mine-related infrastructure for the Pan project. In addition, construction is scheduled to begin within the next few weeks on a new access road from U.S. Highway 50 to the project. A construction contract for the road has been awarded and is significantly less than the initial estimates. Midway worked closely with the Nevada Department of Wildlife and the Bureau of Land Management to design the road to minimize impact on sage grouse habitats. JBR Environmental continues to advance work on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement for Pan. Midway has completed the required public scoping meetings and is well into the environmental impact analysis of the Federal permitting process. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has confirmed that there are no surface waters at the Pan Project that fall under jurisdiction of Sections 401 or 404 of the Federal Clean Water Act. In addition, the proposed mining operations are entirely above the water table and have no projected impact on local ground water.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV