NEW YORK --
McDonald's (MCD) is expected Tuesday to provide its monthly sales report for August.
Last month, the fast-food giant posted flat global same-store sales, below expectations for a 2.7% increase.
Texas Instruments (TXN), the chipmaker, is slated to give its mid-quarter update Tuesday.
United Natural Foods (UNFI) is expected by Wall Street Tuesday to report fiscal fourth-quarter earnings of 51 cents a share on revenue of $1.32 billion.
Zynga (ZNGA) disclosed in a regulatory filing Monday that Jeff Karp, the chief revenue and marketing officer at the maker of social games, has resigned. Karp's departure follows at least seven other managers who have left since early August, according to Bloomberg, after earnings fell short of analyst expectations and sales slowed.
Shuffle Master (SHFL), the Las Vegas gaming equipment supplier, on Monday missed Wall Street's earnings expectations for its fiscal third quarter.. The company posted a profit of $10.4 million, or 18 cents a share, on revenue of $63.4 million for the three months ended in July, up slightly from year-earlier earnings of $9.1 million, or 17 cents a share, on revenue of $58.3 million. Analysts were looking for earnings of 20 cents a share in the quarter on revenue of $67.9 million. Market Preview: The Silence of the Bears
Five Below (FIVE), the off-price retailer, on Monday forecast an adjusted profit of between $200,000 and $600,000, or breakeven on a per share basis or earnings of 1 cent a share, on sales ranging from $79 million to $81 million. Analysts are looking for breakeven results on revenue of $79.6 million in the October-ending quarter
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV