- Stratex is a development stage company that lacks significant financial or other assets;
- the audit opinion dated June 27, 2012, for the most recent audited financial statements of Stratex Oil & Gas, Inc. contains an explanatory paragraph regarding factors which raise substantial doubt about Stratex's ability to continue as a going concern, and the financial statements in Stratex's Form 8-K dated July 6, 2012, contain the following statement: "the company (Stratex) believes its current available cash along with anticipated revenues may be insufficient to meet its cash needs for the near future.";
- the proposed transaction presents significant corporate governance concerns for Magellan shareholders given, among other things, the effective 100,000,000 share super-voting rights in Stratex held by the two principal officers of Stratex;
- the majority of the asserted value of the Stratex proposal is based on the value of Stratex common stock, a security with extremely limited trading volume that trades only sporadically; and
- the manner in which Stratex has reported its oil and gas reserve quantities, future net cash flows, and the number of its gross and net wells raises concerns about accurately understanding the value of these metrics.
Magellan Petroleum Board Determines Not To Pursue Proposal By Stratex Oil & Gas Holdings, Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.