NEW YORK, Sept. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- His talent is rare; his job was well-done: Armand Ferrante, a Whole Foods Market butcher from Middletown, N.J., won the company's 2012 national Best Butcher competition finale held at Meatopia, the nation's largest celebration of meat, on Saturday in New York City.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/55600-whole-foods-market-s-2012-best-butcher-competition
Through months of nationwide competitions with more than 300 professional Whole Foods Market meat cutters, Ferrante cut and carved his way to the Best Butcher national championship, where he went head-to-head with two other finalists. The title match included a trio of knife-wielding tasks including:
- Making a Turducken by deboning a turkey and chicken and adding duck breast,
- Merchandising a whole lamb, and
- Creating a new-to-the-meat-case "cut" from a beef forequarter.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts