NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer fills his blog on RealMoney every day with his up-to-the-minute reactions to what's happening in the market and his legendary ahead-of-the-crowd ideas. This week he blogged on:
- some important breakouts in the market;
- why there's plenty of space for the Kindle and the iPad; and
- why Apple's iPhone 5 will win.
Click here for information on RealMoney, where you can see all the blogs, including Jim Cramer's -- and reader comments -- in real time.
The Market's Unheeded Flashing SignalsPosted at 3:44 p.m. EDT on Friday, Sept. 7 Sometimes I feel that I am the only guy looking at stuff, because the moves are so breathtaking, I think no one should be talking about anything else. I am talking about the gigantic breakout moves in copper and the euro today. These are big billboards saying "Buy China" and "Buy international companies with big European businesses," and I think not everyone is seeing it right. First, 40% of copper is used by China. You can't get this lift unless something is really happening there, something meaning a lot more than what we have currently heard about. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll Second, so many of our companies are using $123 on the CurrencyShares Euro Trust (FXE) as the benchmark for the quarter that if this keeps up, we are going to have revisions upward for Procter & Gamble (PG) and Kimberly-Clark (KMB) and Coca-Cola (KO) and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), and they aren't moving up enough right now on that good news. Sure, Caterpillar (CAT) and Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) are roaring. I like that. The coal plays have traction. But these are breakout moves that are game-changers. So much of what has stalled this market had to do with a breakdown of both of these. What if we get a breakout? I think there are plenty of stocks as diverse as United Technologies (UTX) and 3M (MMM) to Alcoa (AA) and Boeing (BA) that don't reflect either move. Nah, the people I talk to? Everyone hates this market today as much as they hated it before. Like it doesn't matter. Like nothing matters. Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, is long BA.
The Kindle Doesn't Threaten the iPad Posted at 1:54 p.m. EDT on Thursday, Sept. 6 There's room for more Amazon (AMZN) Kindles and more Apple (AAPL) iPads. There just may not be as much room for personal computers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV