AMSTERDAM, Netherlands, Sept. 8, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- IBC2012, Entropic Meeting Suite G106/107 -- GlobalSat, a leading Chinese manufacturer of satellite and terrestrial products, today announced it is collaborating with Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR), a world leader in semiconductor solutions for the connected home, and Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) to deliver an advanced hybrid set-top box (STB). The GOOSAT S1-44HD helps seamlessly merge the delivery of entertainment from broadcast and broadband sources and supports a range of advanced functionality including built-in Wi-Fi ™, picture-in-picture, and auto time-shift.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=14550
Entropic's PNX8471 system-on-a-chip (SoC) powers the STB, bringing enhanced performance, security, as well as support for over-the-top (OTT) video delivery. Entropic is also planning to integrate support for Rovi's DivX Plus ® HD into this advanced SoC family. DivX Plus HD Certified devices are able to play back both personal and protected premium video content in the DivX (.divx, .avi and .mkv) format, offering stunning visual quality with video resolutions up to 1080p. In addition, DivX ® Certified devices contain digital rights management technology to enable the secure playback of premium content in DivX formats via optical disc, USB drive, or streamed over a home network using DLNA.Alvin Sun, vice president, World Sales and Marketing, GlobalSat stated, "DivX technology further enhances the advanced digital entertainment experience of Entropic SoCs and we greatly value working with Entropic and Rovi to enable the innovative features on our set-top box." He added, "With the integration of DivX Plus HD, GlobalSat's STB will bring more flexibility for consumers, who will be able to enjoy their personal content collections on their set-top box."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV