So that's probably a lot of people say. They want to be a specialty material company. How are we actually achieving it? Well, to start off with out of 1.5 billion metric tons of steel that’s produced, we participate in only 1% of that market segment. And you can see that this was actually an assessment that was owned by steel and metals marketing research that depicts that within the specialty steel market, there is a further subsegments, there is alloy steels, there is stainless flat.
And really when you get to the higher value and the lowest volume is, when you get into the areas in green and that’s the area that we have 100% of our sales mix in. That's where we sell our products. And when you think of other companies of course, you know a lot of carbon steel companies. You know some other people who do participate in the upper green portion and have a heavy concentration also in the stainless flat market. And others were trying to move up into that portion of the overall mix.
So when you look at our revenues and our markets that we focus on back to the supercritical type of applications, it’s not surprising to see that we have roughly two-thirds of our business and what you would consider to be those very demanding environments of aerospace, defense, energy and medical.
And actually we are going to end up talking about all five of these markets, including transportation and industrial, because our focus is even within those subsegments to focus on the very differentiated niches where a lot of value can be added.The other thing is when you look at our capabilities, they are really unique to the industry and with that, we have seen our business internally grow dramatically. And as Mark came and we will talk to later on, we are expanding our international footprint, because as our customers become more global, we have to make sure, we effectively support them as well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV