Vale (VALE) is a Brazil-based metals and mining company. This stock is trading up 7.9% at $18.24 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 26.4 millionAverage Volume: 17 million Volume % Change: 161% From a technical perspective, VALE is gapping up big here with monster volume. This move is quickly pushing VALE within range of its 50-day moving average of $18.33. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in VALE once it breaks out above some overhead resistance levels at $18.33 to $18.40 with high volume. Look for volume off a sustained move or close above those levels that hits near or above 17 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then VALE has a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $19.25 to $19.78, or possibly even its 200-day moving average of $21.10. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV