Proto Labs (PRLB) is an online and technology-enabled quick-turn manufacturer of custom parts for prototyping and short-run production. This stock is trading up 4.7% at $32.74 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 180,000Average Volume: 195,230 Volume % Change: 122% From a technical perspective, PRLB is moving up sharply here with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing PRLB within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once PRLB takes out its 50-day moving average of $33.78 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in PRLB once it sustains a move or close above its 50-day with volume that's near or above 195,230 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then PRLB will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $37.29 to $41.10. On the flip side, I would avoid PRLB or look for short-biased trades if it fails to trigger that breakout, and then drops below some near-term support at $30.33 to $28.22 with heavy volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV