Carpenter Technology ( (CRS)) is engaged in the manufacturing, fabrication and distribution of specialty metals. This stock is trading up 2.4% at $49.53 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 648,000Average Volume: 407,590 Volume % Change: 217% From a technical perspective, CRS is bouncing here right off its 50-day moving average of $48.15 with above average volume. This move is quickly pushing CRS within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once CRS takes out its 200-day moving average of $50.13, and then some more overhead resistance at $51.78 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in CRS as long as its trending above its 50-day, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that's near or above 407,590 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then CRS has a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $55 to $57.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV