WINNIPEG, Sept. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - IMRIS Inc. (NASDAQ: IMRS) (TSX:IM) ("IMRIS" or the "Company") today announces the appointment of Jay Miller as President and COO, reporting directly to David Graves, Chairman & CEO, effective Monday, September 10, 2012.
In this capacity, Mr. Miller will be responsible for the daily operation of IMRIS's business globally, including Sales, Marketing, R&D, Operations, Customer Service, Regulatory Affairs, and Quality.
Mr. Miller has extensive technical and managerial experience in the medical device industry. Prior to joining IMRIS he was the President & CEO of Zonare Medical Systems; President & CEO, of Vital Images Inc., and held senior roles in both GE Healthcare and Siemens Healthcare.
Jay has a BA in Chemistry from Dartmouth College, a Masters in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Virginia, and an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University."We continue to expand both the breadth and the depth of management skill in our organization", commented David Graves, CEO and Chairman of the board of directors. "Jay brings a wealth of talent and skill to IMRIS and I look forward to working closely with him as we continue to build a leadership position in the industry." About IMRIS IMRIS (NASDAQ: IMRS; TSX: IM) is a global leader in providing image guided therapy solutions through its VISIUS Surgical Theatre - a revolutionary, multifunctional surgical environment that provides unmatched intraoperative vision to clinicians to assist in decision making and enhance precision in treatment. VISIUS Surgical Theatres serve the neurosurgical, cardiovascular and cerebrovascular markets and have been selected by leading medical institutions around the world.
SOURCE IMRIS Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV