Soros: 'Germany Must Lead or Leave' Euro
Despite his radical proposal of a German exit, Soros would prefer to see Germany embrace a "historic opportunity" to take on the role of a "benevolent hegemon," as the U.S. did by providing $13 billion -- or 5% of its 1948 GDP -- to Europe at the end of World War II through the Marshall Plan.
"Imperial power can bring great benefits, but it must be earned by looking after those who live under its aegis," Soros contends.
-- Written by Dan Freed in New York.
Follow this writer on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV