- The Shareholder Group, which holds over 40% of the Company’s voting power, has validly called the EGM for September 28, 2012 in accordance with its rights under Cayman Islands law and the Company’s Articles of Association (the “Articles”).
- The record date of August 29, 2012 (the “Record Date”) for determining shareholders entitled to vote at the EGM was determined strictly in accordance with the Articles, which provides unequivocally that the Record Date must occur on the day immediately preceding the date that the Shareholder Group delivered the notice of the EGM.
- The requirement to notify the New York Stock Exchange of the setting of a record date for a meeting of shareholders is the Company’s requirement alone. This requirement does not in any way diminish, restrict or otherwise affect the legal rights of the Shareholder Group to call the EGM and establish the record date pursuant to the Articles or Cayman Islands law.
- The Shareholder Group believes that the time has come for an immediate change, given that the existing Board has already presided over an unprecedented and dramatic decline of the Company’s stock price from $14.80 per ADS in January 2010 to $1.10 per ADS as of August 31, 2012. Delaying tactics, such as the attempt by the Company to call an annual meeting on October 19, 2012, can serve no purpose other than to create confusion among the shareholders and allow the existing board additional time to engage in further entrenchment schemes.
- Contrary to the Company’s statements, the Shareholder Group has been advised that Dr. Lin and Dr. Cao will fulfill their fiduciary duties for the best interest of the Company and its shareholders, and will continue to serve on the Board of Directors with the support of the majority of shareholders.
Shareholder Group Sets Record Straight Regarding September 28, 2012 Extraordinary General Meeting Of China Hydroelectric Corporation Shareholders
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts