Shaw’s Supermarkets marked the one-year anniversary of its major commitment to seafood sustainability with the addition of several new species in the fresh case. Shaw’s now offers 18 products in its fresh case certified by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), the world's leading certification and eco-labeling program for sustainable seafood, or verified though the Gulf of Maine Research Institute (GMRI), a nonprofit marine science center.
Since announcing the initiative last September, Shaw’s has continued to work closely with the MSC and GMRI, as well as North Coast Seafood - its single seafood supplier - to grow its sustainable seafood sourcing program. The initial MSC-certified product offerings introduced in September of 2011 included Wild Sockeye Salmon, Wild King Salmon, Wild Coho Salmon, Wild Alaskan Halibut, Pacific Frozen Sea Cod, Canadian Frozen Sea Flounder, Icelandic Fresh Haddock and Canadian Fresh Haddock. The Gulf of Maine Responsibly Harvested products included Lobster, Northern Shrimp, Cod, Haddock, Sea Scallops, and Pollock.
- Fresh Swordfish Steaks
- Fresh Perch Fillets
- Fresh Cod Fillets
- Fresh Sockeye Salmon Fillets
- Frozen at Sea Haddock Fillets
- Frozen at Sea New England Style Haddock Fillets
“This month, we celebrate the continued success and expansion of our sustainable seafood program,” said Mike Stigers, president, Shaw’s. “Not only is it crucial to source seafood from fisheries committed to sustaining the health of the seafood supply, but it also provides our customers with the knowledge they are helping to further seafood sustainability as well. Shaw’s seafood shoppers can be assured that they are buying high-quality seafood from viable sources.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV