Elizabeth Arden, Inc. (NASDAQ: RDEN), a global prestige beauty products company, today announced that it has made an investment in Red Door Spa Holdings, the operator of the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spas and the Mario Tricoci Hair Salons privately owned by North Castle Partners.
Elizabeth Arden, Inc. (“the Company”) licenses the trademarks for the Elizabeth Arden and Red Door brand names to Red Door Spa Holdings, the owner and operator of the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spas. Red Door Spa Holdings is a privately-held company backed by North Castle Partners (“North Castle”), a leading investor in small-cap consumer companies focused on Health, Wellness and Active Living. Elizabeth Arden, Inc. has partnered with J.H. Anderson Holdings, Inc. and its principal John Anderson, to collectively invest $12 million for a minority interest in Red Door Spa Holdings. In addition, Elizabeth Arden, Inc. and J.H. Anderson Holdings have an option to acquire the remaining interest in Red Door Spa Holdings. The investment will be recorded as a minority investment by the Company and, therefore, it will not have a material impact on the Company’s financial results.
E. Scott Beattie, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Elizabeth Arden, Inc., commented, “Our intent in partnering with John Anderson and North Castle Partners is to accelerate the growth of the spa business in parallel with the growth of the Elizabeth Arden brand and the Elizabeth Arden brand repositioning. The collaboration between Elizabeth Arden, Inc., John Anderson and North Castle brings the relevant product, operational management and financial skills to maximize the growth potential and profitability of the Red Door Spa business. The equity of the Elizabeth Arden brand is rooted in its Red Door Spa heritage. We intend to leverage this unique association to drive both Elizabeth Arden product sales and the Red Door Spa business.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV