An under-$10 name in the discount deals complex that's trading very close to triggering a near-term breakout trade is Groupon (GRPN), a local e-commerce marketplace company that connects merchants to consumers by offering goods and services at a discount. This stock has been annihilated by the sellers so far in 2012, with shares down by over 75%.
If you take a look at the chart for Groupon, you'll notice that this stock has been downtrending badly for the last six months, with shares plunging from over $16 a share to its recent low of $4. During that downtrend, shares of GRPN have been consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, GRPN have now entered oversold territory since its current relative strength index reading is below 30. This stock has also started to find some buying interest near $4 a share. It's possible that a near-term bottom could be in, and GRPN is now setting up to rebound off of oversold territory.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV