Another under-$10 stock hat looks poised for higher prices is BPZ Resources (BPZ), which is focused on the exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas in Peru and Ecuador. This stock is down modestly so far in 2012, with shares off by around 9%.
If you take a look at the chart for BPZ Resources, you'll see that this stock has been downtrending hard from its April high of $4.64 to its recent low of $2.01 a share. During that downtrend, shares of BPZ were consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, the stock has now started to move in a sideways trading pattern for the last month, between $2.20 on the downside and $2.60 on the upside. A move outside of that range will likely setup the next major trend for BPZ.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV